Friday, November 18, 2011

breaking the mold: scrub status


Let me start by saying that I am so happy for once that I’m NOT at home in Minnesota. It’s snowing, sleeting, rainy and cold back home and it’s a lovely 50 degrees at 9PM in Chicago :) Unfortunately, lately I have been almost strictly wearing lululemon athletica yoga pants, Nike jackets, Uggs and oversized sweatshirts from my freshman year of college. That’s right ladies and gentlemen: I have officially reached scrub status. There’s just something about the fall to winter transition that just makes me want to wear sweats and stay in bed all the time (hence why I haven’t been posting outfits lately)!

Tomorrow I will be officially be breaking out of my rut, however. During the afternoon I will be attending the Chicago Blackhawks Fall Luncheon at Tru, a ridiculously luxurious restaurant in Streeterville (seriously, look at the menus). I’ve been addicted to greasy all-American food lately so fresh, quality french cuisine and Moet will be a great change! Later I’m invited to the Chicago Rita Hayworth Gala for Alzheimers Research. I found literally the most beautiful white, sparkly bohemian Kaufman Franco dress in the world. I can’t tell you how excited I am to wear it; i’ll definitely be posting about it on Sunday! 
Above: The gorgeous outfit I’m wearing to the Blackhawks luncheon tomorrow. I can’t stress enough how much I love the army green/python/gold combination together! And how gorgeous is this Gucci dress? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment