Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'm just dorthy following that yellow brick road


I just can’t stop gushing about this dress. It’s by far my most favorite article of clothing I think I have ever worn, and everyone at the Chicago Rita Hayworth Gala Alzheimers Research agreed with me. The compliments, like the booze, were free flowing last night and after a month of dressing like a slob in yoga pants, it felt good that people were finally staring and not looking me over like every other day of the week. To be honest, I don’t think I’ll ever stop feeling like I’m on the outside looking in during these things. I always kind of feel like someone’s out of town cousin trying to fit in, but in reality is failing miserably. Apparently that’s not the case, but home is just so NOT like this. 

I’m loving the fact that later this week I get to go home for Thanksgiving because even though I won’t admit it to anyone, I really have been getting homesick since John’s hockey season started. Christine is always working shifts at UCMC and obviously John’s wrapped up. I haven’t really had much of an opportunity to make friends here in the city yet, so the loneliness is probably the biggest contributing factor to missing home so much. I’m not gonna lie, I was crying on Skype to my mom a few nights ago because I issued her so much. The nice thing is that it’s only an hour long flight and $100 ticket home. So on Thursday I’ll be eating away my loneliness with my mashed potatoes and pumpkin chiffon pie, followed by burning it off with black friday Christmas shopping at the Mall of America. I. Can’t. Wait. 

Above: The beautiful sparkly, bohemian, old hollywood Franco Kaufman dress I wore to the Chicago Rita Hayworth Gala for Alzheimers Research last night. The hair was long, curly and flowly.

Below: A few pictures from the gorgeous event.




No comments:

Post a Comment