Monday, August 8, 2011

adjusting quite nicely


So I found my Nikon. After my last post, John arrived and we had our typical I-haven't-seen-you-in-two-weeks embraces, he helped set up my bed, a couple tables and unwrapped and lint-rolled the couch in the living room while I started sorting things in boxes by room and function, my mom made my bed and my dad installed a few light fixtures, the TV and a new screen on the balcony. Around five, we headed over to John's apartment for dinner, as my plates and cooking tools were under a few layers of newspaper and cardboard. Since John went to college instead of playing junior hockey and living with a billet family, he's always had to cook for himself. It was pretty bad at first, but I've taught him a thing a two since then, including always having a few basics to make a meal with. My mom and I made a pretty awesome meal with what was already in his kitchen while "the boys" sat out on the balcony talking about hockey (of course). But that's okay, because guess who got clean up? ;) 

The rest of the night will consist of everyone sitting around and catching up, sharing trip photos and stories that my parents haven't even seen or heard yet, and maybe heading out for some gelato later? We'll see. I hope every day in Chicago turns out like this one!


A different angle of our "build-your-own bruschetta" with fresh, organic tomatoes, cucumber, pesto, mozzarella, onions, mushrooms, basil, garlic and parmesan!




Sweet corn, watermelon and toasted ciabatta bread from the Chicago Farmer's Market.


This is really not that great of a photo, but I was too hungry to take another!


And lastly, in an unrelated note: Golden Gopher football practice started today! While our football history at the U of M is just short of terrible, I love our team! I went to every possible game I could during my undergrad years! I have lots of faith in this new team and our new coach, Jerry Kill! SO GLAD I get BigTen Network here in Chicago! Forever a Gopher!

No comments:

Post a Comment