Wednesday, August 17, 2011

apartment shopping


…..Or should a say apartment hobbling? Today was a ton of fun, except for “crutching” everywhere, but I’ll get used to it soon. I worked today from 10-3, then met Christine for a late lunch at Manny’s Cafeteria and Delicatessen, a Chicago favorite for everyone from Michael Jordan to Al Capone. After a couple roast beef sandwiches, we wandered around the shopping districts in Chicago, ending back at my lovely Anthropologie. Finds from our apartment shopping trip include: Assorted vintage plates and bowls, a couple serving bowls, a silverware set, a couple vases and paintings, a vintage bikini from 1940 to be framed and hung up in the bathroom, shower curtains, little knick knacks like a glass bird and a few candles, a few suitcases to be stacked one on top of another in replacement for a table and a few bouquets of fresh flowers. Overall, it was a successful day! 

Above is the outfit I wore on our little outing! I love the Tucker printed blouse more than words can express, and with my new “disability” the Diane Von Furstenberg flats were a life saver! I’m definitely going to start doing more posts on what I’ve been wearing. I’ve had this bizarre habit since I was 15 of documenting every piece of jewelry and clothing I own in binders for reference/ideas. Knowing the exact name of every piece is slightly neurotic and OCD, but man, it makes making these collages easy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment