Sunday, August 7, 2011

I have super mixed emotions tonight. I leave for Chicago in exactly 9 hours and I couldn’t be more happy/stressed/scared/sad/excited. We loaded all my boxes into a UHAUL today and I left my beautiful, empty apartment that I’ve called home for the past two years for the last time. I’m staying at my parents tonight in the GUEST ROOM. That’s right, I’m officially moved out of my parents’ too. I’m the kind of person that becomes super emotionally attached to places and people. Leaving my childhood home with the pond that I grew up skating on, my apartment with the 70 year old neighbors that baked my roommate and I bread, cookies and cake for birthdays and my beautiful Minneapolis/Saint Paul home area of 23 years are parts of me that are too wonderful not to cry about losing. So that’s what I’m doing right now as I type this. I already miss home, and I’m not even gone. I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep much tonight. At the same time, I think about my pending future in Chicago at school and with John and I start smiling with excitement. I’m kind of a big mess right now, I guess. More tomorrow from Chicago. 
Send me some messages on my Tumblr? Like I said, I’ll be up all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment