Friday, August 12, 2011

august birchbox


Yay! I got my first birchbox today! I thought I'd be stuck in Minneapolis for a week, but it only came a day late! I first heard about it on Meredith's blog and I had to sign up! For those of you who don't know what birchbox is, it's a lovely little service that sends you larger-than-you-get-in-a-department-store-samples of trendy, upscale beauty products like makeup, nail polish, creams, perfume and other little beauty supplies! It's only $10 a month for 5 or 6 products that change every month and are specialized to your coloring and skin type (there are a TON of different combinations for different people!) I'm super excited to try out all my new products. Here's a quick summary of what I got:

  • Befine Night Cream: "Upgrade your nighttime routine with this lush cream--cocoa spurs circulation, while rice bran keeps sin supple and healthy."
    • I usually use a mask and moisturizer, but I'm pretty excited to try something different and see if it works for me!
  • blinc Mascara: "This game changing mascara encases your lashes in a thin tube of water-resistant formula that won't smudge, smear or run."
    • I like my DiorShow mascara. I really like it. It gives me exactly what I want, and I won't change. I tried this quickly and it's fine. Pretty basic. Maybe something I'll use for travel.
  • kate spade Twirl perfume: "This flirty scent is a fresh update on the classic fruity floral"
    • I like this, it's pretty, but it seems like I've definitely smelled it before. I'm a pretty religious user of Miss Dior Cherie, but I like that this is more fruity than floral. Maybe I'll consider buying a full bottle next spring or summer when I feel it would be more appropriate to wear.
  • LIFTLAB Lift & Fix High Potency Solution: "An anti-aging serum with a PhD--LIFTLAB's molecular biologists spent years perfecting a patented natural protein that strengthens and regenerates cells."
    • As a soon-to-be 23 year old, am I allowed to use this? I'm more concerned about acne than wrinkles right now. I'll try it though, and if I don't like it I'll give it to one of John's teammate's wives or something.
  • Extra twistband Hair Tye: "This soft elastic gives the hair tie a sophisticates makeover--it looks as good on your wrist as it does in your hair."
    • I'm not too impressed with this so far. It's really just a piece of elastic tied in a knot. You could probably make it yourself. But it was free, so I guess I'll use it.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with this month's box, minus the anti-aging stuff. But it's cool, maybe it'll make my skin look good! I encourage you guys to sign up for this service--it's like Christmas morning every month! 



No comments:

Post a Comment